Adding a Video
Adviser Portals already provide a suite of videos as part of our service, however, you can also add your own.
In order to add videos to your site you will first need to have either a YouTube or Vimeo account. Once you have an account with either service you will be able to upload your videos to be hosted on their servers. Instructions on how to do this will be available from the respective services.
Once you have your video uploaded you can then embed (add) the video to your website.
- Once your video has been uploaded click Embed or Share
- Copy the small embed code to your clipboard
- Log in to your site
- Navigate to the page you wish to add the video to
- Hover your mouse over the Edit link in the editing toolbar at the top of the site
- In the dropdown click on Edit this Page
- You will now be presented with the various Areas in which you can place your content. Areas are clearly marked with a thin dotted line
- Click on the desired area and choose Add Block
- From the list choose HTML
- Paste the line of code you copied earlier
- Once you have finished click Add at the bottom of the window
- This will temporarily add the block to the page, to make this permanent you will need to publish your edits
- Hover your mouse over the Editing button in the editing toolbar at the top of the site and click Publish My Edits.
Top Tip: Both YouTube and Vimeo provide advanced options when embedding videos. For instance there may be options to set the size of the video - please consult the information on each site for further information.